Dear Friends, Allies, Supporters and Donors of Asian Community AIDS Services:
October 16, 2016 is fast approaching. In fact, it is only 3.5 weeks away! We would like to thank all the 21 runners/walkers who are helping us to raise our $20,000k fundraising goal at this year’s ACAS ScotiaRun Charity Challenge at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon, Half Marathon and 5K Race!
As of Wednesday, September 21, 2016, we have raised $4,690 from 63 donors, which makes us having reached almost one-fourth of our fundraising goals.
This year, one of our runners and long-time ACAS supporter, Keith Wong, will be taking on the half-marathon challenge. Please read below for a very special ACAS ScotiaRun 2016 Runner Profile Feature about Keith!
You would be thrilled to know that we have 5 amazing teams competing against each other to see which team would raise the most money this year. Please click on the following team links to donate to the team(s) of your choice, or if you would like to sponsor the team captains, you can click on their names to their personal fundraising pages:
- Team CelebrAsian (Captain: Alan Li) – Amount Raised: $2970 https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?teamID=719218
- Team Love ACAS! – General ACAS Team (Captain: Christian Hui) – Amount Raised: $650 https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?teamID=721700
- Team ACAS SuperMen – Men’s Program S.L.A.M.! (Captain: Ryan Tran) – Amount Raised: $ 0 https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?teamID=721744
- Team ACASwonderWomen – Women’s Program (Captain: Noulmook Sutdhibhasilp) – Amount Raised $450 https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?teamID=721997
- Team Remembrance of Heroes – Support Program (Captain: Andrew Miao) – Amount Raised $520 https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?teamID=721986
Please join us as a runner/walker to help us raise funds. To find out how you can register as a runner/walker, please visit: http://www.2016.acas.org/acas-scotiarun-charity-challenge-2016/
More importantly, please make a donation to the runners/walkers or our wonderful teams! We need your support!
From all of the staff and board members of ACAS, we want to thank you in advance for your generosity and love!
If you have any questions about the ACAS ScotiaRun 2016 Charity Challenge, please contact: Christian Hui at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACAS ScotiaRun 2016 Runner Profile Feature:
Half Marathoner Keith Wong
- What is your name and how are you connected with ACAS?
My name is Keith Wong. I am member of the East and Southeast Asian LGBTQ community and was the former Executive Director of ACAS between 1998 to 2002
- Why are you running for the ACAS ScotiaRun Charity Challenge this year?
Over the last two decades, ACAS has provided unique and much needed support to many who have experienced alienation and discrimination due to their sexual orientation and health status. The organization has nourished the growth of many queer youth and people living with HIV to take on the world!
ACAS is a chosen family for me and for many others. To run for ACAS and having you sponsor me or other runners will no doubt help pay forward and benefit many more in the future!
- You will be running for the half marathon this year, what has inspired you to take up this challenge?
On October 16, 2016, I will be participating in the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Half-Marathon (21.1 km) to raise funds for ACAS with Team CelebrAsian. This will be my 3rd participation at the event.
I had ran 5K twice in the past two years, and this is my first attempt for the half-marathon for this big race! Your generous sponsorship will help motivate me to complete those the extra miles!
- Do you have any message you would like to share with our runner/walker and donors?
Team CelebrAsian is the No. 1 diverse winning team! Your contribution will help us continue that legacy and make a real difference in the community!
You can make an online donation here by either sponsoring me https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/FundraisingPage.aspx?registrationID=3543155