Run with ACAS at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon (STWM) Charity Challenge 2016 and help raise $20,000 for East and Southeast Asians living with HIV and members of the LGBTQ Community!
Dear runners, walkers, donors and ACAS supporters,
Are you ready to run for a great cause and raise money for Asian Community AIDS Services (ACAS) to support East and Southeast Asians living with HIV and members of the LGBTQ community in Toronto? Join us as a runner or walker on Sunday, October 16, 2016 at this year at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon, Half Marathon and 5k Run/Walk (STWM) Charity Challenge!
This is ACAS’ 6th year at the STWM Charity Challenge, and our fundraising goal is $20,000. We invite each and everyone of you to take part of the challenge either as a runner, walker, fundraiser, donor or supporter! As an annual major fundraiser event for the agency, all funds raised at the race will directly support our East and Southeast Asian service users who are living with HIV and members of the LGBTQ communities, our Queer Asian Youth program, our new Transwomen Program, as well as help support the work of the Ontario Positive Asians Network, a network for HIV+ Asians in Ontario. In the past five years, ACAS has met or exceeded its fundraising goal. From raising $15,000 in the 2000 to over $24,000 in 2015, we have seen an increase of funds raised over the years. Through engaging our stakeholders, service users, volunteers and donors to support our participation at the SWTM Charity Challenge, we have built a stronger community for East and Southeast Asians infected and affected by HIV in the Greater Toronto Area.
Last year, we had a total of 32 runners and seven teams of walkers and runner competing for the top spot. Together with the generous donations of our donors, ACAS surpassed our $20,000 fundraising goal and raised a total of $24,172!!! This year, we are hoping to once again surpass our $20,000 fundraising goal.
Please watch this space, http://www.2016.acas.org/acas-scotiarun-charity-challenge-2016/, and the ACAS Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/AsianCommunityAIDSServices) for news and updates related to the ACAS ScotiaRun 2016 Charity Challenge.
How to Register:
All participants must register through the Race Roster registration form in order to use your charity discount pin code. Please follow the follow steps so you can register properly for the race:
Registration for the Event:
1. Go to the STWM website: http://www.torontowaterfrontmarathon.com
2. Click on REGISTER
3. Select ‘REGISTER NOW’ – This will transfer you to the Race Roster registration form. Click ‘Register’ on the left hand tool bar.
4. Create a Race Roster account by entering your email address and creating a password. This will allow you to log back into your account once you have registered to see your registration information. **If you have already participated in a Canada Running Series event in 2016 you will already have an account, and you can login using your email and the password you created when you registered for that event.
5. Select event distance. Once an event distance has been selected, spaces will appear to fill in Registration Information. Ensure that you select ‘I would like to register: Myself’.
6. In the Participant Corral section, enter expected finishing time and then select your corral based on that expected finishing time.
7. Complete Additional Questions section. **Please note that if you are participating with Nordic Poles, a Recreational Wheelchair or a Guide, you must indicate it in this section
8. Select shirt size in the Swag & Merchandise section. If you wish to purchase an iTab, Post-race Massage or Canadian Running Magazine, make sure that you slide the bar to ‘YES’ (automatically says no).
9. SKIP THE SECTION THAT ASKS FOR A PROMO CODE! THE CHARITY PIN CODE DOES NOT GO HERE. IT CAN BE ENTERED AT A LATER TIME IN THE SCOTIABANK CHARITY CHALLENGE SECTION
10. Select CONTINUE TO WAIVER
11. On the Wavier screen, please read thoroughly and check the box beside ‘I Agree to the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon Waiver. Select Continue.
12. In the next section that asks ‘Are you a Scotiabank Employee?’, select the applicable answer. **If you are a Scotiabank Employee that wishes to take part in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge, you must select yes in this section
13. In the Scotiabank Charity Challenge Section, you must select ‘Yes’ to the question do you want to participate in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge as a fundraiser or make a donation?
14. Select Asian Community AIDS Services (ACAS) as your Charity from the drop down menu.
15. Once a charity has been selected, you can enter the approapriate discount Charity Pin Code for the race you are registering for:
· Marathon or Half Marathon ($80): 16ACAS42k
· 5k ($40): 16ACAS5k
· 5k with Stroller ($50): 16ACASst
16. To create a fundraising account while registering, select ‘Create a Scotiabank Charity Challenge Fundraising Account (via FrontStream). Create a username and password and enter your individual fundraising goal. If you have already a username for previous year’s registration, you cannot use the same username and must create a new username this year.
17. To make a donation during registration, enter the donation amount in the ‘Donation’ section at the bottom of this page. **Please note that the donation will be processed separately by FrontStream (there will be 2 separate charges on your card – registration and donation).
If you do not wish to make a donation during registration, skip this step.
18. Select ‘Continue to Payment’
19. Order details appear on the right hand side of the screen. This will include your registration, and discounts applied, and any donations made. To make a donation to Canada Running Series Foundation, do so here. If not, select ‘No Thanks’
20. Fill in payment information and submit order. Please note that all runners and walkers will need to pay for the registration fee upfront. As an incentive, any ACAS runner/walker who raises over $500 will have their registration fee reimbursed after the race. Please contact Christian Hui at firstname.lastname@example.org after December 31, 2016 with the registration refund request.
Fundraising for the Event:
Once you have completed your registration, you will automatically be taken to your fundraising page in FrontStream. Alternatively, you can log in and edit your fundraising account using the steps below!
1. To log in to a fundraising account, click https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/startup.aspx?eventid=191494. Enter the username and password created during registration in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge section.
2. The ‘Home’ tab shows the message that will appear on your personal fundraising page. To edit this message, click ‘Edit Message’ below the text content. To add photos and videos, select ‘Add Media’.
3. The ‘Fundraising’ tab will allow you to change your fundraising goal, email potential sponsors, see donations made to you, manually enter cash and cheque donations and more!
4. To edit any of your personal information on your fundraising page, select ‘Profile’ **NOTE – THIS DOES NOT CHANGE THE INFORMATION ON YOUR RACE REGISTRATION, JUST THE FUNDRAISING PAGE.
5. The ‘Registration’ tab is NOT your race registration – it is stating that you are registered in FrontStream for fundraising.
6. If you are joining a team (specific program teams), you can press on “Team” on the left panel and search for the team you desire to join by either entering the team name, or the team captain’s first name or last name. Please contact the appropriate ACAS program coordinator for this information.
There will be a prize for the top fundraiser and the fastest runner, so start training and ask your network to sponsor you!
ACAS will provide free registrations for first 4 PHAs or Youth (2 PHA; 2 Youth) to register with ACAS.
- If you are a PHA interested in running, please contact Andrew at email@example.com as the first 2 PHA will be eligible for free registration.
- If you are a youth (age < 29), please contact Gabriel at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know you are interested in registering and/or might need assistance with the registration cost.
The Program Coordinators will then arrange a time/date to complete the registration at the office.
If you would just like to fundraise for ACAS without becoming a runner or walker, you can go to https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/LocationHome.aspx?eventid=191494, click “Sign Up”, then click “Create New Account” under “I Need to Create An Account” to create a fundraising profile without registering to become a runner or walker at the race.
If you would just like to make a single, one-time donation to Team ACAS at the 2016 Scotiabank Toronto Marathon, Half Marathon and 5k Charity Challenge, you can donate directly here by clicking on the following link: https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/FundraisingPage.aspx?RegistrationID=3322773#&panel1-1. Tax receipts will be issued for amounts over $20.00.
Race Kit Pick-Up:
Race kit will be available for pick-up on:
Friday October 14, 2016
11:00am to 8:00pm
Race Kit Pickup, Late Registration
at RUNNER’S EXPO: Hall B, Enercare Centre at Exhibition Place
Saturday October 15, 2016
10:00am to 6:00pm
Race Kit Pickup, Late Registration
at RUNNER’S EXPO: Hall B, Enercare Centre at Exhibition Place
You (or a friend) must pick up your race bib with your MYLAPS BibTag attached to it, t-shirt and goodie bag at the RUNNER’S EXPO on these two dates.
Lost your email confirmation?
As long as you have Photo ID and you are on the confirmation list you do not need your email confirmation to pickup your packet. SWTM will be emailing out your bib numbers and posting them on the online confirmation list on Wednesday, October 12 so you won’t have to look them up at the expo when you arrive.
What you need to pick up your packet:
- You need to know what your Bib # is (will be emailed to you on October 12 and posted on the online confirmation list and will be available for look up at the expo).
- Photo ID OR A printout of your registration email confirmation (or have it on your smart phone to show the volunteers).
If a friend/family member is picking up for you, they need to have:
- They need to know what your Bib # is (will be emailed to you and posted on the online confirmation list on October 12 and will be available for look up at the expo)
- Email or written permission from you (can be shown to volunteers from your smart phone)
- A printout of your registration email confirmation (or have it on their smart phone to show the volunteers) OR a copy of your photo ID
If picking up for friends/family, you can only do so for a maximum of three (3) including your own packet.
Join us at the Second Annual ACAS Fabulous Feast!
Mark your calendar and join us for an evening of amazing Thai food, fun and great company hosted by Noulmook Sutdhibhasilp and Richard Utama to raise funds for the ACAS ScotiaRun Charity Challenge 2016!
Date: Saturday, September 24, 7-9 p.m.
Location: Party Room, 256 Jarvis Street, Parking on the street
Noulmook S., ACAS Executive Director, and volunteers will prepare an authentic Thai dinner for guests.
- Authentic Thai curry (Green or Red)
- Son in law eggs
- Thai Esaan sausage
- Classic Thai desserts
- Mysterious dish we bet you’ve never tasted in any Thai restaurant before.
Suggested donation: $30. Bring your own bottle (BYOB). Donation receipts will be issued for this event.
Thanks for supporting ACAS and taking part of our ACAS 2016 Scotia Run Fundraising Challenge. If you have any questions regarding the run, please contact Christian Hui at email@example.com for further assistance.
About Asian Community AIDS Services (ACAS):
Asian Community AIDS Services (ACAS) is a charitable, non-profit, community-based organization located in Toronto, Canada. We provide safer sex education and services to the East and Southeast Asian communities and support services to persons living with HIV/AIDS and members of the LGBTQ communities.